Curt's Best Shots Slideshow

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

HIGH HOPES SNEAK PEAK DAY 2!

Hey All!


There you are!  I've been waiting here for you so that I can show you day 2's High Hopes Stamps sneak peak image by Laurie Furnell.  Such fun stuff from Laurie!  I know that many of you will want to get your hands on a lot of the new release stamps available for purchase on September 1st.


OK, now for my sneak peak card.  Fall is soon to be upon us, and if you visited the other Diva's blogs, you saw that there are some awesome Halloween sets, and Autumn too.  Take a look at this image:




Such a fun Fall image!  Don't you love that little crow?  He loves you. . .see his little heart!  LOL  I love the sentiment. . .so country.  I colored the image with my colored pencils and oms.  I sponged the sky with Colorbox ink.  I just wish I had thought about a different color for the sky instead of my typical blue.  The blue kinda screams against the fall colors.  The background paper is a patchwork of browns, beiges, and oranges which I thought was perfect for an image that says "pumpkin patch".  The ribbon was originally brown and white, but I colored it with an orange marker.

I hope you go see what the Divas have done with the other images from Laurie.  They do such great work.  I feel like such an amateur next to all of them.  You can find the links HERE.   


Tomorrow is the big Blog Hop Day!  All the images will be available tomorrow.  I'm so excited, I'm the first stop on the blog!  I can't wait till you see my card for the hop tomorrow.  It is so much fun and I think you will really like it.  I sure hope so.  I'll give you all of the blog hop details tomorrow so that you can play along and hopefully be one of the lucky winners of some of these great stamps!


Until tomorrow my friends. . .Thanks so much for your wonderful support.


Best,


Curt O'Brien


"God, please help me be the person that my dogs think I am."

11 comments:

Diane said...

Great fall card, and love that "pop" of purple in it...will be sure to do the "hop" tomorrow"...you have been busy with all these posts.....see ya tomorrow!!

Tertia said...

Just love these new stamps. might just have to order some.

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Curt- really cute! love the "screaming" blue backdrop! lolo

Shirley-Anne said...

That ribbon looks great after your little touch up, Curt. The card certainly has a country feel about it . The colours are so earthy . Love it .

Dawnll said...

Another great fall image Curt, how fun to see you posting so much. Love the fall coloring of the ribbon,
Your hilarious about "he loves you, see his lil heart"

Patti J said...

What a fun image! I guess I'll have to do some shopping at HH!!! Hope to have time to hop tomorrow... Your card is fun - I love the little bitty heart on that crow! Great job, as always, dear friend! Have a good week :)

lisa808 said...

Great idea coloring the ribbon. Fun image and sentiment. Your pumpkins & flowers look beautiful. 'See' you tomorrow!

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful coloring... beautiful card, Curt. Love the country feel complete with a lovely gingham ribbon.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Images are just that ... images ... it's what you do to them to make them come to life and you sure gave this one LOTS OF LIFE!

Jackie said...

Cute card! Have you thought of adding a little pink or even purple to the sponged sky?

Heidi said...

Such a fantastic Autumn card! I love the papers, such a soft feel to them and that gorgeous coloring you do! Can't wait to see what you create next...you're my favorite card maker and blogger. Your blog is so fun!