Curt's Best Shots Slideshow

Monday, October 12, 2009

ANOTHER MAGICAL MONDAY

Hey All!  Didn't we just have one of these???  LOL  Well, since today is Monday, we have another new FREE digital stamp from the ever so talented Nina May to play with today.  It is another Halloween image just in time for the holiday!  The image this week is called "Spooktacular Pumpkin".  The challenge for this week is to use the 3D elements like liquid applique, flowersoft, glitter, and or stickles, crackle, liquid glaze, fun flock, etc.  So, here is my card:



So, how cute is he???  I used a recessed window card for him.  When I first saw the image, I knew it would be easily cut out, so I thought "scene" in my head.  I love pumpkin patches, and the look on his face looks like me when I find the perfect pumpkin each year!  LOL  I printed the image off twice so that I would have extra pumpkins to use.  Inside the recessed area, I popped in the big yellow moon and stamped a couple of bats on it.  I used a silver glitter gel pen to make "pinpoint" stars in the night sky.  I then colored the image with my ccp/oms and then carefully cut him and all the extra pumpkins out.  I place the main image on top of the moon, but bent it out for a true 3D effect.  You'll see it in the upcoming pics much better.  Take a look:



You can see by the shadow he casts how dimensional it is.  I then took the other extra pumpkins and attached them to the outer part of the recessed card for even more dimension.  IRL, it looks like one of those 3D cards.  Now, you can see in the pic above that the paper I used to create the frame on the card is pretty sparkly (don't know who made it.  I had already cut it up for this project and couldn't find the piece that had the company on it), but I didn't stop there.  I wanted my ghost to shimmer and shine too.  See  below:




He looks so beautiful IRL.  I used a Martha Stewart glue pen (my most favorite glue pen ever because of the ease of use.  Just like coloring with glue using a fine tipped pen).  I then sprinkled on diamond glitter.  I was very precise where I put the glue so that the glitter didn't blot out the line detail of the image.  It really makes a big difference when adding sparkle to elements of cards.

So, there you have it. . . my DT sample for this week!  What do you think?  This is a really cute image for a kid's Halloween card!  So what are you waiting for?!?!?  Get on over to "There's Magic in the Air" and pic up this image for FREE!  You only have a limited time before it is no longer free!  We'd love to see you play in the challenge too.

Again, as always, thanks very much for visiting me.  I love you guys.  I'll be back on Wednesday for my next loaded Wednesday Evening Post.  Not only will I have a ton of cards and projects to share, but I'll be also sharing a recipe for the most FABULOUS COOKIES ever!   They are so amazing, easy, and perfect for this time of year.  So come back and see me!  Take good care all!  I also have a feeling that Wednesday's post is going to be a very special one. . .so be sure to stop by and see why!

Best,

Curt O'Brien

God, please help me be the person that my dogs think I am."

35 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Curt
what a brill card luv the dimmension you have given it,great scene. look forward to reading your news on wens!! sue.x

Carmen O. said...

Oh Curt, what a fabulous creation! I love that it is 3D and a scene to boot. You really added so much wonderful detail. I think the image is adorable and will pick up my image right after leaving this comment. I hope I can play this week, but really need to catch up with school too, so we'll see. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! Looking forward to your Weds post. Have a fabulous Monday!!

Carmen O. said...

Oh Curt, what a fabulous creation! I love that it is 3D and a scene to boot. You really added so much wonderful detail. I think the image is adorable and will pick up my image right after leaving this comment. I hope I can play this week, but really need to catch up with school too, so we'll see. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! Looking forward to your Weds post. Have a fabulous Monday!!

Carmen O. said...

Oh Curt, what a fabulous creation! I love that it is 3D and a scene to boot. You really added so much wonderful detail. I think the image is adorable and will pick up my image right after leaving this comment. I hope I can play this week, but really need to catch up with school too, so we'll see. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! Looking forward to your Weds post. Have a fabulous Monday!!

Carmen O. said...

Oh Curt, what a fabulous creation! I love that it is 3D and a scene to boot. You really added so much wonderful detail. I think the image is adorable and will pick up my image right after leaving this comment. I hope I can play this week, but really need to catch up with school too, so we'll see. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! Looking forward to your Weds post. Have a fabulous Monday!!

Dawn B. said...

Curt this is terrific.. I have not made a card like this before. It looks easy to do.. This image is so fun.. Happy Monday...

Danielle said...

Curt, a truly spooktacular card! I love how you glimmered up the ghost - he looks fabulous! Great choice to do a recessed window card too - the dimension you've achieved is brilliant! Great job!
Hugs, Danielle

Scossie Jane said...

Curt, the ghost is gorgeous, I love how you have made him sparkle, and in a recessed card, how wonderful - looking forward to your cookie recipe on Wednesday - and who doesn't love surprises - see ya then - hugs xx

Anonymous said...

wow my friend this is awesome, love love love it!!!! Cookies hhhmmmmm, can't wait

Jackie said...

Adorable! I love the dimension to it as well as all of the glitter :-) I'm looking forward to the easy cookie recipe, too - I do love easy!

Nina said...

Curt this card so rocks and I love the shadow it casts as well! The glittery ghost is just wonderful with the glittery green paper! But my fav is certainly all the demension that this card has! truly... spooktacular!

Anonymous said...

NEAT,NEAT HALLOWEEN CARD.........BUT LOVED MY BIRTHDAY CARDS, FROM YOU, SHOTSY, AND GUNTHER...HOPE ALL YOUR FANS WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEM SOON. TX AGAIN FOR A GREAT BIRTHDAY....LOVE YA, MOM

Leigh Anne said...

OMG this is too cool!!! love him in your scene!! man I bet he is totally blingin it up over there~great idea to use the extra pumkins too!

Patti J. said...

OOOH....can't wait until your Wednesday Evening Post (I love saying that!)!!! Yummmy... Curt, your card is phenomenal! LOVE it! You are amazing, my man, simply amazing!

DeeDee said...

How COOL! I love that you made him a sparklee ghost! Your card is like a little art piece...not just a card! YOU always ROCK these digi stamps! GREAT job! HUGS!

Unknown said...

Awesome work! So creative and it really "pops" even on the screen which is hard to do! Love it:) Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Ila said...

Wow!! Totally Amazing Curt!! the image is Super Cute..the colors, glitz and dimension is Spooky Fabuluos!!..Can't wait to see that recipe..something about fall always makes me want to bake!!..Hugs, Ila

lisa808 said...

Awesome Halloween card. The image is perfect for a recessed window. Love your sparkle and extra pumpkin patch. As always, Wow!

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Curt!

Awesome card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for making my Tuesday a late Magical Monday! Love it, especially the 3D!

I can't wait for the receipe & the surprise you have in store for tomorrow.

Hugs,
Gina

MaryAnn Grove said...

you are one amazing fella. such great art work and the best detail I have ever seen. thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. gotta try this one. looking forward to the Wednesday post. please keep thoses photos coming also. I share those with so many people. thanks again. MaryAnn

berg4 said...

Curt-love the card, I especially love the shadow and the diamond glitter. TFS!

Lorraine said...

SUPER CARD CURT. SO PLEASED YOU ARE A GLITTER FREAK LIKE ME DOES THIS MAKE US SPOOKY !!!!

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is so fabulous! Love the recessed window so that everything can pop out! Too cute and very creative! I just love Halloween!

Hugs,
Michelle

dpkennedy said...

Awesome card! Super cute ghost and great sparkle! I love the shadow box!!

The Rubber Maid said...

totally adorable card and image. You are a big tease to say come back on Weds. for your sharing whatever...but as McArthur or was it Arnold S said I shall return. Pat

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome Halloween card!! Love the dp, coloring, design and all the dimension!! Gorgeous job!

Etha said...

oh I love it!! the shimmery ghost is way too pretty :) what great dimensionality, almost looks interactive in nature!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Hey Curt,

The dimensions for my cake box are:
12x12 CS scored at 4" all around. Cut up only one side of each side (does that make sense?). So along one of the 12" sides, there will be 3 boxes, cut up the last box up 4" then turn and do the same till you have 4 cuts. LMK if that is too confusing.

Hugs,
Michelle

Teresa Kline said...

hmmmm.....yummy.....cookies, can't wait to here all about them....your little Boo card is sooo cute and glittery, luv all that sparkle, great job....see ya on Wednesday!

enjoy *~*

Sue from Oregon said...

Just home from vacation and catching up a wee bit on my blogs I missed! What a great project you made...love all the layers you made! too cute! And the BEST of luck on the HM DT!
And cookies.........Hey...you know me and cookies! I actually took a Christmas cookie mag with me on vacation to pick my new 2009 cookies LOL!

Shirley said...

Love him right down to that wonderful recessed window~! He is so sparkly wondeful!

Jeni Glee said...

Each time I come here, I comment on your creations which I love. This time, I am going to comment on how much I value your friendship. You are always so supportive of me and you definitely inspire me, my Friend. I absolutely adore you!

Deb Neerman said...

Omigoodness, how did I miss this beauty?!?

Love the image and all the glitz and glitter! And that frame and all the pop-upped stuff creates the neatest, and spookiest, shadows.

GREAT card, Curt ... again!

~Hugs, Deb

Dawn said...

Awww this is such a cool Halloween card - great image

Dawn

Nilla said...

Here I go away for a week and wow, have you had a busy crafty week. I will not single out any in particular because I love all what you have done!! Hugs Nilla