Curt's Best Shots Slideshow

Monday, April 14, 2008

Introducing My Boys


I'd like to introduce you to the true joys in my life. Please meet my two Giant Schnauzers Shotsy and Gunther! Each weigh about 100 pounds. Shotsy will turn 7 this June, and Gunther will turn 4 at the end of this month. They are an amazing breed with super high intelligence. For people who really aren't into dogs, you wouldn't understand the bond that I feel towards them. They honestly bring more to my life than most people. They are certainly more loyal, and they have never let me down. They give unconditional, genuine love and can always make me smile when I need it most. I don't know what I would do without them.


Each are similar in many ways, but both have distinctive personalities. Shotsy is more laid back and Gunther is a little "rebel". They are both great swimmers and love to be in the water. They even try to push each other out of the way to be the first to get a bath! Gunther is "cute" where Shotsy is "handsome". Shotsy's ears are cropped (which were already done when we got him - I am against this because I feel it is not necessary) and Gunther's ears are floppy. Shotsy plays things more cautiously where Gunther throws caution to the wind.


I'll be talking alot about them in this blog, along with other things that interest me in this life of mine.

1 comment:

Julie Koerber said...

Your "boys" are darling! I'm amazed that they just posed for the picture. My dog is such a spaz! She would never do that! I have a border collie named Maggie and man, she has the energy! We live near a field were Canadian Geese just love to sit and relax --- until Maggie runs to herd them into a farmer's field! Long story short, they look like very well behaved gentlemen!